The security and confidentiality of your private data has always been at the heart of our idea of service. At Backyou we have always done our utmost to ensure that your personal data is as secure as possible and we did not wait for Europe to legislate on this principle. Our commitment to never disclose your personal information to third parties for commercial or other purposes and to never display ads on Backyou.io are examples of this.
Storage and use of personal data
At Backyou.io, we collect very little personal data about you and it is only used to process your requests by your Backyou consultant and to improve our service.
- When you browse Backyou anonymously, we collect certain information about your visit, such as your IP address and the web browser you use, by means of so-called cookies. We use Google Analitics cookies to guarantee your complete anonymity in the analysis of the data collected.
What do we do with it? This data is used to improve the service even if you are not registered on Backyou.io. For example: the country you are in allows us to offer a service closer to you or the number of users connected to Backyou is used to adjust our server power.
- When you register with Backyou, we store your identification data on our server. This data is kept to a minimum to process your request: your e-mail address, telephone number, first and last name and a password. Nothing else is stored.
What do we do with it? Your e-mail and telephone number allow your advisor to contact you in order to assist you in the processing of your request and also to allow you to retrieve your password if you forget it.
Your first name and surname allow us to personalise and above all humanise the exchanges with your advisor. We only communicate your first name to our hosting partners, also in order to humanise your exchanges.
The password allows you to secure your account. At no time do we know your password, it is encrypted (on 256 bits) on our servers.
What can you do? At any time, you can express your wish to delete your personal information from our servers to your advisor either by e-mail or by telephone. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail (the last one from us) with a copy of your data as soon as the operation is completed.
- When you book with one of our hosting partners, we do not have access to your personal or credit card information. These are managed by our world-renowned and reliable payment provider Stripe.
Storage and use of non-personal data
To be completely transparent, we save your hosting requests and your written conversations on Backyou.io and emails on our server so that you can find them in your space.
- When you make a request on Backyou.io or directly by telephone to your advisor, we store the information you have entered on our server.
What do we do with it? This information is used to process your request and to offer you accommodation that is adapted to your needs. This information is communicated only to the selected accommodation so that they can respond to you in the best possible way.
What can you do? You can request this information from your advisor at any time, either by e-mail or by telephone. You will then receive an e-mail with a copy of this information.
- When you write to one of our hosting partners on Backyou.io, we record your entire conversation.
What do we do with it? This conversation is only accessible by you and the interested party, namely our hosting partner. Your advisor also has the possibility to read your conversation in order to guarantee you the best possible service and to react in certain cases.
What can you do? Similarly, if you request this information from your advisor either by e-mail or by telephone, you will receive an e-mail with a copy of the data.
Disclosure to third parties
We do not disclose, sell, or share any of your data whatsoever with third parties other than our hosting partners selected in your requests.
Your personal data, with the exception of your first name, is not communicated to these partners unless you request it directly on Backyou.io (request for a callback from the host or a reservation request). In both of these cases, an action on your part is required and acceptance of the sharing of information will be explicitly stated.
However, Backyou (AGAH) may be required – by law, in connection with legal proceedings, litigation and/or a request from public authorities in your country of residence or otherwise – to disclose your personal data to the relevant authorities. We may also disclose your data if we believe that for national security, law enforcement or other public interest purposes, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions or to protect our business or our users. In addition, in the event of a restructuring, merger or sale, we may transfer any personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
We make every effort to protect your data.
- We do not know your password, it is encrypted on our servers.
- All pages and site resources are protected in HTTPS by an SSL DV wildcard certificate. Your browser indicates this by a green padlock next to the URL (web address of the site).
- Our servers use the most advanced technologies in terms of access protection, both for external access to our company and for internal access by company employees.
- Payment data (bank cards, etc.) are not known to our servers, they are stored with our service provider Stripe which has all the guarantees and certifications required for this type of activity.
However, given the complexity of the Internet and mobile telephony environment, Backyou (AGAH) cannot be held to an obligation of result in this respect.
Recovery of your data
You can request your data from your advisor at any time, either by e-mail or by telephone. You will then receive an e-mail with a copy of the data.
Destruction of your data
You can ask your advisor to delete your data at any time, either by e-mail, by telephone, in your support area or directly at the e-mail address dpd[at]groupcorner.com. You will then receive a final e-mail notifying you that the operation has been completed.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at dpd[at]groupcorner.com.
Cookies and other technologies
A cookie is also used when you log in to the site to keep you logged in. You can delete this cookie at any time via your browser options. This cookie ensures that you do not have to re-authenticate too frequently.
Questions on confidentiality
If you have any questions about the processing of your data or the points described on this page, please contact us.